Vision and Aims
Our School Priorities
The school’s core purpose is to ensure all children, groups and individuals, make good progress. In particular, our aim is to ensure that those we deem disadvantaged are able to make progress alongside their peers and any gap in attainment is diminished. We will do this through developing:
- Relationships and Behaviours
- Responsive Feedback and Planning
Ben Jonson is a safe and stimulating environment where children encounter positive, challenging and creative
Each member of the school community is motivated to be a life-long learner.
We will equip everyone with the skills to achieve their full potential in a climate of mutual respect and personal responsibility.
Children are at the centre of all that we do
- We will create a welcoming atmosphere and give everyone the experience of school as a caring, supportive, secure community where life for each child is enjoyable, stimulating and rewarding.
- We will enhance self-respect and confidence and encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and their activities.
- We will have consistently high expectations, creating opportunities for every individual to develop their maximum potential, regardless of gender, race, or disability.
- We will ensure the highest standards of behaviour and help children to understand and develop meaningful relationships in an atmosphere of respect and pride, where all can flourish.
Teaching and Learning
- We will provide a high quality, creative and inspirational curriculum, enriched through using the wider environment and those people within it.
- We will sustain a happy, challenging and professional learning environment, with outstanding teaching, excellent resources and supportive learning strategies.
Parents and Community
- We will work closely with parents and community, recognising the need for real partnership if we are to maximise children’s development.
- We will help our children to develop as global citizens so they in turn can help shape their own community.
- We will provide children with opportunities to develop their aspirations and an understanding that life-long learning will give them a wide range of choices.
- We will continually seek ways to improve every aspect of the school’s work and life.