Vision and Aims
Our School Priorities
- Improving outcomes in English (especially boys)
- Improving outcomes in mathematics (especially number)
- Closing the gap between pupil premium and non-pupil premium pupils
- Developing teaching practice
- Developing positive learning behaviours in pupils
- Developing transition for pupils
Ben Jonson is a safe and stimulating environment where children encounter positive, challenging and creative
Each member of the school community is motivated to be a life-long learner.
We will equip everyone with the skills to achieve their full potential in a climate of mutual respect and personal responsibility.
Children are at the centre of all that we do
- We will create a welcoming atmosphere and give everyone the experience of school as a caring, supportive, secure community where life for each child is enjoyable, stimulating and rewarding.
- We will enhance self-respect and confidence and encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and their activities.
- We will have consistently high expectations, creating opportunities for every individual to develop their maximum potential, regardless of gender, race, or disability.
- We will ensure the highest standards of behaviour and help children to understand and develop meaningful relationships in an atmosphere of respect and pride, where all can flourish.
Teaching and Learning
- We will provide a high quality, creative and inspirational curriculum, enriched through using the wider environment and those people within it.
- We will sustain a happy, challenging and professional learning environment, with outstanding teaching, excellent resources and supportive learning strategies.
Parents and Community
- We will work closely with parents and community, recognising the need for real partnership if we are to maximise children’s development.
- We will help our children to develop as global citizens so they in turn can help shape their own community.
- We will provide children with opportunities to develop their aspirations and an understanding that life-long learning will give them a wide range of choices.
- We will continually seek ways to improve every aspect of the school’s work and life.